Yacht management will be responsible for all scheduled work, managing the crew and ensuring work is carried out in a safe manner. You will also be responsible for performing regular safety requirement checks.
Your daily duties will include supervising and being the point of contact for your experienced team. Managing the yacht will involve all areas of the day to day running of the vessel, with all jobs on-going and outstanding being passed through you; this is where your experience and decision-making skills will come in to play, as well as your supervisory and leadership skills.
You will need to have excellent communication skills in order to connect with your team and must be adaptable in the face of any problems that may arise, which have to be communicated to the team. You will also be responsible for ensuring maintenance reports are carried out throughout the day to day running of the yacht.
While managing the yacht, you will oversee the financial aspects of the vessel as well as regulations, crew administration, safety and security supervision. The position will require you to regularly check up and keep on top of work tasks and operations.
- Some form of previous relatable role experience.
- Previous leadership skills are preferable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in other languages would be an advantage.
- Safety control management.
- Crew management and recruitment.
- Financial control and sustainability.
- Compliance checks and maintenance reports.
- Technical management support.
- Training guidelines for team members.
- Managing the vessel to be operative and seaworthy.