Wine Intermediate Certificate
1 FULL DAY PYA GUEST accredited
A Professional Yachting Association accredited course for yacht interior crew seeking to expand their sommelier knowledge and skills. Practical and theoretical, an expert Wine Sommelier and a Professional Butler deliver this intermediate wine program, taking students on a global wine journey covering the essentials of viticulture, vini?cation and climate. This exciting and informative course equips students with a deeper understanding of wine including how to discuss the basics of wine with guests on board and thus assist in their selection. Participants will be invited to partake in professional wine tasting and structured French cheese tasting as part of the food and wine matching tutorial. Yacht storage and service of wine will also be covered along with decanting skills.
• Wine and Champagne service
• Food and wine pairing
• Cheese tasting
• Viticulture, vini?cation and climate
• The wines of France – regions and grape varieties
• Wines of the world
• Sparkling, forti?ed and sweet wine
• Wine tasting
• Storing and decanting wine
• Full tuition
• Lunch, Wine and Cheese tasting
• P.Y.A GUEST Wine & Cocktail Introduction Certi?cate
Pre-requisites – Cocktail and Wine Introduction + English understanding and comprehension.