Basic Food Service & Silver Service Certificate
1 FULL DAY PYA GUEST accredited
A full day of ‘hands-on’ basic food service training, for those wishing to enter the luxury yacht industry with a professional start. This serious, but good fun program encompasses different food service techniques including how to correctly conduct food service on board, the crucial basics of service standards, different service styles and dining decorum. Menu knowledge, culinary comprehension, basic beverage presentation and table setting skills are also covered, along with table napkin folding.
• Basic dining room and table management.
• Creating the ambience with theming and ?owers.
• Basic Service standards.
• Menu appreciation and basic culinary knowledge
• Setting the table • Exploring the service styles – plated, silver, butler and synchronised.
• Basic beverage presentation and serving
• Basic interpersonal skills and dining etiquette.
• Full tuition
• Text book
• White Service gloves
Pre-requisites – No previous programs but English understanding and comprehension