Salary £16 - £20 per hour
Job type Permanent
+44 (0)7502 163910 or +44 (0) 2382 024278
See Sarah's jobs
Marine Resources are excited to be representing an award- winning superyacht tender company on the South Coast who are renowned for their impeccably high standards.
The opportunity for experienced Marine Engineers to join the team has arisen as part of the company’s ongoing development plan. We are interested in multi-skilled engineers, mechanical engineers and electrical engineers.
Their Marine Engineers are responsible for the installation of machinery and equipment within the tenders, the plumbing of systems, running and terminating of electrical looms, installation and setup of electronics including CANbus control systems and NMEA networks and commissioning of the completed vessel. This is a diverse role that requires a broad understanding of new-build marine engineering. The role can be tailored to suit either Mechanical Engineers or Electrical Engineers, however flexibility and cross-trade understanding will be a benefit. My client are looking for enthusiastic, reliable, and diligent individuals with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in related employment.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Mechanical equipment installation and commissioning on new build projects, including main machinery
• Installation and termination of wiring looms
• Installation and setup of CANbus control systems and NMEA2000 networks
• Installation, setup, and commissioning of hydraulic systems
• Problem solving and fault diagnosis
• Lead a project, planning the work on the vessel, checking information and stock, planning and meeting timescales
• As a benefit, fabrication of custom parts and plumbing components using machine tools and TIG welding.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Experienced in new build marine engineering, both mechanical and electrical
• Proof of marine engineering qualifications a benefit
• Experience of electronic injection marine diesel engines and drive installs (e.g. Yanmar / Volvo / Mercruiser / stern drives and water jets)
• Experience of CANbus distribution systems
• Experience of installing marine navigation equipment (e.g. Raymarine)
• Working to a high standard
• Working within set timescales
• Ability to be independent on a vessel engineering project – planning own work and checking stock and information
• Ability to follow instruction and work in a safe and productive manner
Salary & Benefits
£15-£20 per hour dependent on experience
20 days paid holiday per, plus bank holidays the working days fall on. Some of these days will be reserved for their 2 weeks Christmas shut down.
Working pattern Monday – Thursday 10 hours each day.
Attractive company pension from 3 months
Company life insurance and critical illness insurance from 6 months
If this is something you would be interested then I would love to hear from you! Call Sarah on 07502 163910 or hit apply!