The Water Lily Napkin Fold. Tips for summer 2018.
With access to Pinterest there are so many amazing napkin folds we can copy to create stunning place settings, adding real drama and wow factor to your dining table, but how on earth do you actually create them.
Here’s a step by step guide to creating one of the classic napkin designs.
Top tip though, good quality, starched linen (preferably in a beautiful colour!) is a must, so your designs hold their shape, reduce creasing and look even more dramatic.
The Water Lily
- Lay your square napkin out flat on a flat, clean surface
- Fold each of the four corners into the centre and press the creases flat
- Fold your new four corners into the centre and press the creases flat
- Hold your folds together and carefully turn the napkin over
- Fold each of the four corners into the centre
- Hold the centre firmly and gently pull the folds out from underneath each corner, out and up to form petals, gently pinching little peaks with the inner corners
- Now you have your lovely water lily napkin, find the perfect accessory, napkin holder or beautiful pebble painted with the diner’s name as a paperweight to hold your water lily in place.