Now You Can Submit a Pre-Recorded Video Interview
We’re really excited to announce a new layer of tech to our online yachting application process, a personal but remote method of pairing up the right candidate with the right yachting opportunity. Pre-recorded Video Interviews. Ideal for candidates. Easier and more efficient for recruiters. And there’s never been a better time for it.
Big shout out to our tech team who have tapped into available tech to add this additional pre-selection layer of Video Interviews for our candidates.
As we get to grips with our “new normal” we’re realising that limiting face to face contact doesn’t have to mean we’re any less efficient. Yotspot’s Director Steve explains “recruiters might not want to see lots of applicants face to face right now but they still need to find their star candidates quickly and efficiently … just safely and from a distance. That’s what makes our video interview process perfect for both recruiters and candidates, making the whole process a lot more efficient.”
By adding a layer of pre-recorded video submission, employers get to see a bit more from each candidate, get a feel for their professionalism and personality before requesting they attend a face to face interview. Reducing face to face meetings and spontaneous walk-ins. Plus, candidates get the opportunity to really sell themselves, add more information, tell anecdotes to support their application, answer questions, recording, playing back and re-recording. Practicing and perfecting their selfie film before submitting.
Our new video function allows yacht captains, boat managers, yachting recruitment agencies and employers to send a Video Interview Request to potential candidates they have shortlisted. They choose from a selection of default questions, adding questions of their own and submitting them to their chosen candidate. The candidate then films themselves answering the questions on their smart phone, uploading their video (3 mins or less) onto the site for the employer or recruiter to view.
Yotspot’s partner Director Daryl Bradley points out “we are really excited to have found a way to add this new video layer of candidate selection, it’s quite an innovative bit of kit. We have wanted to do it for years, but the technology just hasn’t been here.”
EFFICIENCY ACROSS TIME ZONES
Because Yotspot works across international time zones, it means recruiters don’t have to get up at awkward times of day to interview candidates based in the Med or the States. They just type the questions they would like answered and play the candidate’s video back at a time to suit.
How it works?
FOR THE RECRUITER
- Select the shortlisted candidate’s profile
- Select any or all of the default question/s available
- Add a question of your choice (remember max. video length will be 3 mins)
- Once you’re happy with your questions click Send Interview Request
- You will be notified when the candidate’s interview has been uploaded
- Simply login to Yotspot to view the candidate’s video
- You’ll see Video Playback button in the same place you submitted the video request.
FOR THE CANDIDATE
- You will receive an Interview Request notification
- You will see the questions listed
- Simply set up your mobile device or webcam and film a professional video of yourself (less than 3 mins) answering the questions provided
- Remember this is part of the interviewing process so make sure you’re somewhere quiet, looking smart and interview-ready
- For any tips on creating an interview video please check out Top Video Tips
- When you’re happy with your video press Upload the Video selecting your video file
- It can take a few minutes to upload, depending on the size of the file.
Steve adds “So far, the feedback we’ve had has been fantastic and as time moves on, we hope to develop the system further with more features and benefits.”
Once you’ve seen your ideal candidate you can organise to skype interview or if they’re based locally invite them for a face to face interview in the office or on the yacht.
Check out our video interview filter next time you advertise or apply for a job on Yotspot. For more information or to ask a question contact firstname.lastname@example.org