What to expect from life at sea?
Welcome to the world of superyachts
If you’re looking for work on a superyacht then this is the place to start. Your online jobs board where recruitment agencies, yacht captains and owners advertise jobs and meet thousands of potential superyacht crew. Together, we’ve walked the docks, earned our sea hours and asked the experts, “what do you wish you’d known before you got your first superyacht job?”
Yotspot’s online jobs board has been developed to make it as simple as possible to create your very own online profile, find out about training and latest courses as well as apply for hundreds of jobs advertised at any one time.
And because we’ve made it super easy for crew Captains and Owners/employers to advertise jobs, you’ll find up to date opportunities across all areas of the industry, from Captains to Commis Chefs and everything in between.
There’s a lot of competition out there though, so if you’re unsuccessful applying for a particular role, the Yotspot team are on hand to help improve your chances next time round. We’ll send you tips on how to improve your online profile, get access to the latest training courses, check out your career path and give you access to our Career Concierge who’ll talk you through how to improve your CV.
Here at Yotspot our team of yacht crew recruiters are always on high alert for fabulous guys and girls with a sense of adventure and a can-do attitude. Willing to work hard, go the extra mile and quite literally take a leap into the world of superyachts. Joining the prestigious ranks of exceptional crew already working onboard luxury superyachts, making friends for life, getting a taste of adventure and travelling the world.
Not sure if it’s for you? Why not check out our PROS and CONS for working in the yachting industry and see if our sector floats your boat! (sorry, not sorry!)
- Opportunity to travel and see some amazing places
- Your cost of living will be low (you live and work onboard)
- Potential to save money
- Potential for cash tips, wine or gifts from charter guests
- You’ll meet interesting people
- Yacht crew will become like family
- There will be some perks like fun crew outings or use of yacht toys
- The chance to learn and improve new skills
- Potential for personal development
- Developing transferable skills for the outside world
- Fun and physically active job!
- THE CON’s
- Long working hours (sometimes 18-20 hr days!)
- Your schedule is at the mercy of the yacht owner and Captain, so you’ll have no control over schedule
- Cramped living conditions, no/little personal space
- Jobs can be tedious
- Live/work in close proximity to different personalities
- Yachting can be sexist, ageist and sometimes you’re judged by how you look
- You will miss holidays, weddings, birthdays, and family time
- Scheduling time off can be tricky when you’re working back to back weeks
- Yachting can be dangerous without proper safety precautions.
For the latest Superyacht Crew Opportunities
If you’re looking for a job onboard some of the most beautiful motor yachts and super yachts worldwide simply click Yachting Staff. Current listings include; Captain, Deckhand, Chef, 2nd Engineer, Sous Chef, Stew/Masseur/euse, Housekeeping Stewardess etc.
For links to the latest training courses in STCW, Approved Engine Course, GMDSS General Ops Certificate, Human, Element Leadership & Management, Proficiency in Security Awareness plus Navigation, Radar and ARPA and so much more simply click Specialist Training.
Or if you’re looking for Household staff such as housekeeper, cook, beautician, butler, maternity nurse, horse-keeper, AV/IT Specialist and many more, simply click Household Staff.