Storekeeper opportunity for a Private 100m+ M/Y
Start date: By mid-end March 2020
Location: Middle East
Package: Salary in Euro with 3/1 rotation
• To keep fully updated inventory of spare parts and consumables for onboard departments.
• To Create/combine enquiries from departments, to send to vendors.
• Review different quotes, submit for HOD approval, followed by Captain approval.
• Follow up delivery/receival of spares/consumables.
• To follow up on receiving vendors invoices and processing these as per onboard procedure.
• To update purchase log as changes come in.
• To control and prepare landing manifests as required by HODs.
• Control, registration and updating data on regular bases in AMOS “Stock Control” program. Editing and spares inventory entry input will be required as needed.
• Full inventory once every 12-month, with correspondent update of AMOS – different areas are scheduled on monthly basis.
• Use bar code equipment (when and if implemented) for registration and update.
• To keep storage spaces/shelves/boxes of spares-consumables clear, clean and tidy.
Desired experience / personal qualities:
• Experience in duties as above.
• Proficient with MS Office, PDF editing, AMOS or similar PMS/Inventory software.
• Meticulous approach to paperwork and good understanding of its importance.
• Ability to conduct efficient communication in very good English, verbal and written.
• Multitasking, stress resistance.
• Basic understanding of ship’s technical systems.
• Self-motivated, ability to work independently.
• Honest, friendly person, good sense of humour, clean habits.
STCW full updated with PDSD
Seafarer's Medical Certificate (with 6 months' validity)
Seaman's Discharge Book
Vaccination record with Yellow Fever and Hep B
Male only due to cabin arrangements
Non-smoker/no visible tattoos