JOB ID 1478 – Captain 90' - for a diverse program! US Candidates or Green Card Holders ONLY
Seeking A US or Green Card Holder Captain for a full time position for a diverse program!
• Direct responsibility, including operation, maintenance, registrations/licensing, and overall readiness for the vessels owned and operated by the family.
• Assist in the operation and maintenance of the Yacht Storage facility (all units), the Boat Barn facility, docks, marinas, and various shared facilities as directed by the Manager
• Assist in the direction of part-time and day labor; ensure adequate staffing, direction, and safety for those part-time employees assigned to the vessels operated by this position. Communicate with the Manager and Director on the staffing requirements for each vessel in a timely manner to ensure overall readiness and adequate staffing.
• Communicate with the Manager and Director of Marine Operations regarding all vessel movement, scheduling, maintenance, and projects.
• Ensure vessel safety and well-being at all times, skillful handling, piloting, and full scope of trip preparations.
• Maintain vessels in pristine and ready condition, including outward appearance, interior condition, inventory, mechanical and electrical systems, etc.
• Complete personal and marine-related expense reports in a timely manner and submit them to the Manager.
• Provide support for other family owned vessels that may be assigned to other Marine employees, where needed. Assist in the training of full or part-time employees in the operation of family owned vessels as directed by the Manager
• Organize and update marine first aid equipment. Maintain required documentation, registrations, and servicing of all safety equipment including but not limited to life rafts, EPIRBs, flares, etc.
• Communicate directly with the Chief of Engineering and Maintenance regarding technical or mechanical needs and repairs, winter work lists, major projects, or preventive service.
• Oversee servicing equipment at manufacturer’s specified intervals; ensures full operations of vessel systems at all times.
• Proficient operation of all on-board technical equipment.
• Maintain and update registrations/licenses for assigned vessels, and work with Manager and RDV Corporation for record keeping, payment, and timeliness.
• Communicate with Manager, Director, and Corporation regarding family yacht scheduling.
• Communicate with Manager and Director to ensure vessel readiness, major expense requests, and major projects.
• Participate in training programs as needed or requested; retain a valid Michigan driver’s license.
• Provide any services specifically requested or later identified by Corporation, Staffing, or the families.
• Maintain a courteous and professional status with family, crew, vendors, and guests at all times. This includes personal appearance; well-groomed, clean and wrinkle-free uniform, and appropriate footwear.
• Effectively communicates with owners’ representatives, corporate staff, and others through use of electronic mail and telephone.
• Perform special projects as assigned.
ELEMENTS OF SUCCESS
• Minimum of five years of marine industry experience.
• Previous leadership and navigation experience.
• Captain’s required licenses and applicable certifications by a recognized maritime government body, USCG registered.
• Flexibility and availability for travel.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Expertise in all aspects of vessel maintenance requirements.
• Must demonstrate professionalism, be a responsible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance.
• Attention to detail, organization, and follow-through are essential. • Good familiarity with computers including email, Word, and Excel skills. • Required to wear appropriate employer-provided safety equipment in performance of job. • Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds to maximum height of six (6) feet. • Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time. • Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions. • Ability to operate required equipment, including but not limited to: forklift and aerial lift in a safe manner following on-the-job training and certification. • Ability to work at high heights. • Work is performed in and around water; strong swimming skills are required.
Start Date: When the right candidate is located Salary: TBD with employer- with full benefits