MEP - LARGE PRIVATE ESTATE - MIDDLE EAST
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A PERMANENT LAND BASED POSITION - NOT A YACHT
Start date subject to change due to COVID19
Great opportunity to experience another culture, gain valuable experience and be part of a large multi cultural team
START DATE: July 2020
LOCATION: Middle East
PACKAGE: Competitive tax free salary and leave offered with accommodation, all meals, flight allowance and full medical insurance
12 MONTH RENEWABLE CONTRACT
SKILLS/ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED Trade Qualified in Electrical, Mechanical or Construction Fluent in English. You will need a wide range of repair and maintenance skills. Experience with plumbing and/or electrical systems is required. · Additional knowledge of HVAC / Carpentry / Painting / Masonry / locksmithing / Welding highly regarded.
· Excellent skill with common power tools.
· Workplace Health and Safety Compliance – ensure safe work practices are maintained and complied with.
· Be highly observant, able to note and report on defects and problem areas.
· Ability to solve problems.
· Ability to follow instructions and have a positive attitude to work.
· Be able to minimize disruption to adjacent work areas, tidy up after jobs and leave the work area clean when complete.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
· You will be rostered on in one of 3 daily rotating shifts, generally working as part of a team of 2 technicians to resolve the following problems:
o Plumbing problems such as temporary emergency repairs, leaks and blockages,
o Electrical problems such as replace a power switch or socket, change a lightbulb or test an appliance.
o Carpentry jobs such as assemble or fix furniture, hang a painting or small-scale construction and repair projects, fix jammed or misaligned doors, repair and replace general hardware.
o Small painting and plastering jobs to repair damage or repaint equipment.
o HVAC maintenance such as clean filters, replace fan belts and clear condensation drainage lines.
o Replacing cracked or broken tiles, tile and grout small areas.
· You will also be supervising an outsourced maintenance team. You must have good overall knowledge and have high standards.
· Maintain very good communication with your team. Sharing information is key.
This role is a team role. You must always assist your team if needed and respond to requests promptly
Non smoker preferred
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please read the full job description very carefully and ensure you meet all the criteria listed before applying. Only if your application meets all the criteria shall the Crew Specialist managing the position be in touch further via email/phone