This course is approved by the Marshall Islands. In compliance with the STCW A-VI/5 requirements, the course has been designed to provide the background knowledge and skills required to implement ISPS code requirements. Lectures, videos, group discussions, and practical scenario-based exercises combined with active student participation form a compulsory part of training and assessment. The assessment is twofold with ongoing practical assessment and a written assessment at the end of the course.
Proficiency as Ship Security Officer (SSO)
Virtual Ship Security Officer (SSO) Course
- Next Date: 22nd Sep 2020
- Price: EUR (€)499 (Inc VAT if applicable)
- School Sovren Nautical Academy SLU
- Location Palma
- All Dates 22nd Sep 2020 - 10% off - 5 places
7th Oct 2020 - 10% off - 5 places
20th Oct 2020 - 10% off - 5 places
- Duration 3 day(s)
- Accommodation Included No
The programme covers security drills, security exercises, crowd management techniques, security protection and emergency preparedness. Students will gain proficiency in the following topics:
• The role of the SSO, including responsibilities and duties
• The ISPS Code and ship and port facility security measures.
• How to design training and exercises for crew
• How to plan and implement drills
• How to carry out a ship security assessment (SSA)
• Role of the Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO)
• On-board security, security plans and searches
• Emergency procedures, crowd management and contingency planning
All commercial yachts over 500 GT must have International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code certification, as well as a qualified Ship Security Officer. The Ship Security Officer (SSO) is responsible for the security of the ship, as well as maintaining the Ship Security Plan as set out by the Company. He or she must have knowledge of, and have received associated training in a range of competencies such as detailed in the ISPS Code, Part B, Article 13.1, and the guidance laid out in the SOLAS Regulations 1974 as amended Chapter XI-2.
At least 12 months sea going experience and knowledge of ships operations.
- Your Information