Yachting can be one of the most demanding industries in terms of mental health and wellbeing.
Working in a highly-volatile pressurised environment where you have to constantly look your best, work incredibly long-hours, fulfil every guest request at all hours of the day, achieve consistent high-levels of performance and all while living at sea in a confined space onboard with people that you may not choose to live with in normal circumstances.
Often you may feel you have to just get on with the job at hand, make the most of it and pretend everything is fine. Positive mental health and wellbeing is key to your own personal success and that of your crew.
This online course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
- This two day course is delivered online through the MHFA England Online Learning, TCA Learning Hub and live MHFA England Trainer led lectures.
- Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn