This course is designed to refresh basic fire fighting knowledge and to enhance the skills of the delegate in leadership and organisation of teams of personnel. Each student must take charge of a team and/or area of operations during an exercise. During the day of the course delegates will be continually assessed on their organisation, tactics, command, communications and fire fighting including control of injured persons. It also covers topics such as ventilation control, hazards involving dangerous goods, liaison with shore-based firefighters and the effects of fire fighting water on ship stability.
- School Sovren Nautical Academy SLU
- Location Palma
- All Dates Please contact us for dates and availability
- Duration 1 day(s)
- Accommodation Included No
• Fire Theory
• Control Fire Fighting Operations Aboard Ships
• Organise & train Fire Parties
• Inspect + Service Fire Detection & Fire Extinguishing Systems
• Investigate & Compile Reports on Incidents Involving Fire
Have successfully completed Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
Assessment for this course consists an end of course short answer/question and multiple choice written assessment.