Virtual Training Centre launch 1st Fully Online Ship Security Office Course Approved by UK MCA
In the last 12 months Virtual Training Centre we have delivered accrdited 100% online training in 46 countries to Superyacht Crew, Shipping Companies, Cruise Lines, Crewing and Ship Management, Off-Shore O&G, Recruitment Agencies, as well as Private Clients.
The benefits of online training are apparent as it affords many advantages, not only is it cost effective, convenient reliable and efficient, it may save significant time and costs associated with travelling to a test centres with training availability.
Today, more and more companies are identifying these key benefits and implementing online training as a core part of their ‘duty of care’ and ‘security training strategy’.
VTC realised the requirement for companies and individuals requiring an online SSO course and after 1 year of development, the course has had approval by the UK MCA and is now live.
- Those Ship’s officers who have been or are likely to be appointed as the Ship Security Officers under the ISPS Code should take this online SSO Course.
- A minimum of twelve months seagoing service on vessels over 80 gross tonnage or 24 meters is required to qualify for an STCW compliant Ship Security Officer Certificate.
- The PSA Course is a mandatory minimum requirement for the security training of all shipboard personnel. The STCW Convention and Code as amended by the Manila amendments (2010) contains new requirements regarding security training. Anyone working on board, or frequenting a ship to which the ISPS Code applies must possess at a minimum, the Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA) certification.
- Training in Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) must be undertaken by all seafarers and security personnel who are engaged onboard ship, who have been assigned designated duties under the Ship’s Security Plan (SSP).
Key benefits of learning online:
- Flexible learning, available 247 – anytime, anywhere with a reliable internet connection.
- Fast Delivery (sign up, start learning)
- Learn the material at your own pace – in and out of your course as often as required (absorb and retain information).
- Online assessments to test the knowledge gained through the course.
- Rapid certification on successful completion of course (where applicable).
- Fully reportable learner(s) statistics (additional).
- Ensuring compliance with relevant training requirements.
- Relavant and up to date content.
- Easy course navigation.
- Includes video, audio and interactive engagement.
- Certificates of completion are downloadable (official copies are emailed after verification by our examiner).
- Consistent high quality training.
- Courses are written by qualified industry examiner / expert.
- Environmental impact - Reduces carbon footprint.