All Eyes on Monaco
For the luxury superyacht event of the year, all eyes turn to the Principality of Monaco next month for The Monaco Yacht Show 2018.
The ultimate superyacht showcase runs from the 26th to the 29th September, situated in one of the premier superyacht locations, amongst the glamour and glitz of Port Hercules.
This year’s Monaco Yacht Show will host some of the world’s most influential leaders from the yachting industry; from superyacht builders, award winning designers, luxury suppliers and brokers, to the latest must-have accessory manufacturers, whether it’s water toys, tenders, luxury cars, helicopter or simply a private jet you’re after.
Attendants will range from yacht owners, potential superyacht buyers, charterers and key decision makers from luxurious industries surrounding the world of superyachts.
With 580 exhibitors this year, spread across 42,000 square meters of exhibition space, the Monaco Yacht Show is the epitome of decadence and style, with 40 brand new designs unveiled in this year’s collection.
In their 28thyear, the Monaco Yacht Show will showcase 120 extraordinary one-off superyachts, built by the most respected shipyards in the world and estimated to be worth a combined 2.5billion euro.
Started in 1991, with unwavering support of His Serene Highness Prince Albert 11 of Monaco, the Monaco Yacht Show initially focused on superyachts over 20 meters. The show has seen varying degrees of success over the years due to the increase in the charter market and competition from other Superyacht Shows, however new organisers took the view that superyachts were the future and Monaco has successfully emerged as the key event in the superyacht industry diary, welcoming over 36,000 participants and 125 superyachts in Port Hercules last year alone.
What else is on at the 2018 Monaco Yacht Show:
- Monaco Yacht Summit – 24-hrs prior to the show, 5 feature presentations will be given by industry leaders, covering topics such as: crew, management, charter, purchase and design. The perfect opportunity for those new to buying or chartering to pick up some tips.
- Tenders and Toys Exhibition– an extensive display of the latest water toys and tenders, with over 30 brands featured, both in water and floating on, buyers can see what’s new and trendy when it comes to fun in the water.
- The new starboard exhibition-lounge– dedicated to super yacht lifestyle, this brand-new space features restaurants, live-piano bar, meeting spaces, a business centre, the show’s official press centre, along with several high-end companies including Italian wood furniture manufacturer, New York and Geneva fine art exhibitors and luxury boat tenders.
- The Car Deck– featuring 15 rare and exclusive luxury cars, some available for test drive.
- MYS Sapphire Experience– you’ll need to be on the invite-only list for this ultimate VIP experience; your Monaco Yacht Show will include; luxury courtesy car service, private visits to the most outstanding super and mega yachts, a tour of the Monaco Bay by VIP tender, invite to luxury brand events, lunch in the Show’s official restaurant and don’t forget your glad rags for the Gala and Superyachts Award Ceremony.